MARKies ENTRY SUBMISSION
1. How to Enter?
Submitting your entries for the MARKies Awards is simple and completely online. The entry submission deadline is Friday 16th February 2024 at 23:59hrs.
To ensure that your entries are submitted successfully and are given the attention they deserve, here are a few items to take note of when preparing your entries.
- Firstly, download and read the relevant Entry Guidelines and follow the instructions and specific category requirements to ensure your entries are submitted successfully.
- Please download and use the appropriate Core Submission Template provided (MARKies: Creative Ideas OR Media Usage) to prepare your Core Submission Document.
- We encourage you to read the Top 10 Tips for entering to help you craft a successful submission.
- All entries, supporting documents, and required items can be submitted via the “I’m Ready to Enter” link [work in progress] at the bottom of this page.
- Entrants are strongly encouraged to gather all entry materials like photos, videos and charts before starting the entry process.
- Please ensure that all details you enter into the Entry Details are CONSISTENT with the details on the Core Submission Document you upload.
- Upon submission deadline, all entry details, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and cannot be changed and / or transferred to another party.
- Please include a campaign photo that represents your entry in your submission that can be used on all marketing material, on the screen on the night winners announcement, and in the magazine etc.
2. Submission Deadline
Friday, 16 February 2024, 23:59hrs
3. Judging Criteria
Your entry will be evaluated on the following four key areas (please read the Entry Guidelines for full descriptions):
Idea [Max 500 Words] (45%)
Illustrate the thought process and inspiration behind the idea.
Strategy [Max 500 Words](30%)
Outline the strategic approach undertaken to bring your idea to life.
Execution [Max 500 Words] (20%)
Describe how your creative idea was implemented, the mediums used, and the roles of the different tactics employed.
Results [Max 500 Words] (5%)
Elaborate on the outcome of the campaign and bottom-line impact.
Idea [Max 500 Words](10%)
Describe how the media challenge, context, and thought process behind the idea.
Strategy [Max 500 Words] (20%)
Outline the strategic approach undertaken to choose specific media.
Execution [Max 500 Words] (30%)
Describe how your use of media was executed and carried out.
Results [Max 500 Words] (40%)
Elaborate on the outcome of the campaign and bottom-line impact.
People Categories (For categories 42 – 45)
Please write a maximum 2,000 words (total) including evidence to support and address each of the specific category criteria bullet points outlined in the category’s description. Please ensure all areas mentioned are covered within your submission as the jury will be looking for these details. Each bullet point will hold a maximum potential value of 10 points.
- The eligibility period of work submitted is from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023.
- Categories are open to all agencies based in Malaysia.
- Entries are open to any active, completed, launched or updated marketing initiatives, campaigns or projects that are conducted within the eligibility period. Work which was entered in the previous MARKies Awards is not eligible unless the campaign has been adapted or is ongoing from the previous eligibility period.
- Work must have been conceptualised, created and delivered from Malaysia for the Malaysia market.
- Entrants may submit the same campaign across multiple categories and may also enter multiple campaigns in to the same category. In both instances, these will be classed as individual entries. Each individual entry will be charged as a single entry at USD 180. One campaign cannot be entered into more than 8 categories, but agencies may submit multiple campaigns.
- Entrants must tailor their individual submissions accordingly and outline how they suit the specific category at hand.
- Submissions are open to all media, marketing and advertising agencies. Entries carried out in partnership between organisations are welcomed too. However, the entrant must designate a leading agency for each of the join campaigns as only ONE agency will be recognised in each winning campaign.
- Agencies should seek the permission of the client before entering.
5. Fees and Payment
Standard entry fee: USD 180 per entry
All fees are inclusive of any chargeable tax.
Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX).
All entries are non-refundable.
6. Terms & Conditions
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Without prior notice, the MARKies Awards team reserves the right to merge categories or dissolve any categories should it be deemed necessary. Should a category or categories be dissolved, entries in that category / categories will not be refunded.
- Should your entry be shortlisted, your entry details found on the online registration site will be reflected on the awards website, the screen on the night of the awards, trophy (presented on the awards night, should you win) and any other awards-related materials. The reflected text will be in Title Case unless brand guidelines specify otherwise.
- Please note that after the submission deadline, all details on the entry submission form, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and cannot be changed and / or transferred to another party. Any changes made after submission will be charged 10% of the entry fee per change.
- Finalists need to be present, or appoint a representative to be present, at the awards gala dinner in order to receive their trophy(ies) in case they win.
- Lighthouse Independent Media Pte Ltd reserves the right, without prejudice, to remove entries from being judged, should the company submitting their entries have a history of non-payment and payment arrears.
- Please refer to the full terms & conditions in the Entry Guidelines.
- The entrant agrees that advertising + marketing magazine or Lighthouse Independent Media Pte Ltd will not accept responsibility for errors or omissions reproduced in the presentation of the MARKies Awards, in advertising + marketing magazine, or for work lost or corrupted under any circumstances.
- Any confidential information should be written in red font or highlighted in red. Any text in red font or highlighted in red will not be disseminated beyond the judging panel in any way.
- The entrant otherwise grants advertising + marketing magazine permission to show material from the entries at the awards presentation, in the magazine and at such times as deemed appropriate.