MARKies ENTRY SUBMISSION
How to Enter?
Submitting your entries for the MARKies Awards is simple and completely online. The entry submission deadline is Friday 2 July 2021 at 23:59hrs.
To ensure that your entries are submitted successfully and are given the attention they deserve, here are a few items to take note of when preparing your entries.
- Firstly, download and read the relevant Entry Guidelines and follow the instructions and specific category requirements to ensure your entries are submitted successfully.
- Please download and use the appropriate Core Submission Template provided (MARKies: Creative Ideas OR Media Usage) to prepare your Core Submission Document.
- We encourage you to read the Top 10 Tips for entering to help you craft a successful submission.
- All entries, supporting documents, and required items can be submitted via the “I’m Ready to Enter” link at the bottom of this page.
- Entrants are strongly encouraged to gather all entry materials like photos, videos and charts before starting the entry process.
- Please ensure that all details you enter into the Entry Details are CONSISTENT with the details on the Core Submission Document you upload.
- Upon submission deadline, all entry details, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and cannot be changed and / or transferred to another party.
- Please include a campaign photo that represents your entry in your submission that can be used on all marketing material, on the screen on the night of the awards, and in the magazine etc.
Friday 2 July 2021, 23:59hrs
Your entry will be evaluated on the following four key areas (please read the Entry Guidelines for full descriptions):
Illustrate the thought process and inspiration behind the idea.
Outline the strategic approach undertaken to bring your idea to life.
Describe how your creative idea was implemented, the mediums used, and the roles of the different tactics employed.
Elaborate on the outcome of the campaign and bottom-line impact.
Describe the media challenge, context, and thought process behind the idea.
Outline the strategic approach undertaken to choose specific media.
Describe how your use of media was executed and carried out.
Elaborate on the outcome of the campaign and bottom-line impact.
People Categories (For categories 36 – 38)
Please write a maximum 2,000 words (total) including evidence to support and address each of the specific category criteria bullet points outlined in the category’s description. Please ensure all areas mentioned are covered within your submission as the jury will be looking for these details. Each bullet point will hold a maximum potential value of 10 points.
- Programmes / campaigns / systems / initiatives showcased by agencies should have demonstrable results from the period of 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2020. Initiatives or strategies developed and implemented prior to this period are also eligible, provided the impact / results were measured during the past year.
- Categories are open to all agencies based in Malaysia.
- Entries are open to any active, completed, launched or updated marketing initiatives, campaigns or projects that are conducted within the eligibility period. Work which was entered in the previous MARKies Awards 2019 is not eligible unless the campaign has been adapted or is ongoing from the previous eligibility period.
- Work must have been conceptualised, created and delivered from Malaysia for the Malaysia market.
- Entrants may submit the same campaign across multiple categories and may also enter multiple campaigns in to the same category. In both instances, these will be classed as individual entries. There is no limit to the number of entries an agency may submit but each individual submission will be charged as a single entry at USD 180.
- Entrants must tailor their individual submissions accordingly and outline how they suit the specific category at hand.
- Submissions are open to all media, marketing and advertising agencies. Entries carried out in partnership between organisations are welcomed too. However, the entrant must designate a leading agency for each of the join campaigns as only ONE agency will be recognised in each winning campaign.
- Agencies should seek the permission of the client before entering.
Fees & Payment
Standard entry fee:
USD 180 per entry (valid until / on Friday 2 July 2021)
Late entry fee:
USD 210 per entry (for any entries received after Friday 2 July 2021)
All fees are inclusive of any chargeable tax.
Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX).
All entries are non-refundable.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Without prior notice, the Agency of the Year & MARKies Awards team reserves the right to add, merge or dissolve any categories should it be deemed necessary. Should any categories be merged, entries affected in the original categories will not be refunded. However, should any category be cancelled, a full refund will be made to the company that has paid for the submission.
- Should your entry be shortlisted, your entry details found on the online registration site will be used on all awards materials including the website, awards presentation slides and trophy (presented on the night of the awards, should you win). The reflected text will be displayed in Title Case unless brand guidelines specify otherwise.
- Please note that after the submission deadline, all details on the entry submission form, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and cannot be changed and / or transferred to another party. Any changes made after the submission deadline will be charged 10% of the entry fee per change.
- Whilst care will be taken by the organiser, the entrant agrees that advertising + marketing magazine or Lighthouse Independent Media Pte. Ltd. and its partners, will be exempt from any liability for errors or omissions reproduced, lost and / or corrupted in the presentation of the MARKies Awards or in advertising + marketing magazine. For the purpose of clarity, this exemption of liability includes any communications online and offline by advertising + marketing magazine, Lighthouse Independent Media Pte. Ltd. and its partners.
- Finalists are required to be present at the awards gala dinner to find out the results of the competition and to receive their trophy / trophies (should they win). Should the finalists not be able to attend the awards gala dinner, an appointed representative must be present on their behalf.
- Please refer to the full terms & conditions in the Entry Guidelines.
- The entrant agrees that advertising + marketing magazine or Lighthouse Independent Media Pte Ltd will not accept responsibility for errors or omissions reproduced in the presentation of the MARKies Awards, in advertising + marketing magazine, or for work lost or corrupted under any circumstances.
- Any confidential information should be written in red font or highlighted in red. Any text in red font or highlighted in red will not be disseminated beyond the judging panel in any way.
- The entrant otherwise grants advertising + marketing magazine permission to show material(s) from the entries at the awards presentation, in magazine and at any time deemed appropriate by the organiser.