How to Enter?
Submitting your entries for the Marketing Events Awards is simple and completely online. The entry submission deadline is Friday 21 August 2020 at 23:59hrs.
To ensure that your entries are submitted successfully and are given the attention they deserve, here are a few items to take note of when preparing your entries.
- Firstly, download and read the Entry Guidelines and follow the instructions and specific category requirements to ensure your entries are submitted successfully.
- Please download and use the Core Submission Template provided to prepare your Entry Submission Document.
- All entries, supporting documents, and required items can be submitted via the “I’m Ready to Enter” link at the bottom of this page.
- Entrants are strongly encouraged to gather all entry materials like photos, videos and charts before starting the entry process.
- Please ensure that all details you enter into the Entry Details are CONSISTENT with the details on the Core Submission Document you upload.
- Upon submission deadline, all entry details, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and cannot be changed and / or transferred to another party.
- Please include an event photo or image that represents your entry in your submission that can be used on all marketing material, on the screen on the night of the awards, and in the magazine etc.
Friday 21 August 2020, 23:59hrs
Your entry will be evaluated on the following four key areas (please read the Entry Guidelines for full descriptions):
Context / Challenge (Max. 300 words) 20%
What were the primary objectives of the event? Who was the target audience? What key challenges did you face?
Strategy (Max. 500 words) 30%
Provide a clear rationale of why the specific event was chosen to help address the marketing problem. Outline the creative thinking behind it and how it was developed to conceive an impactful and meaningful idea. What was the core insight and creative thinking on which you based your strategy?
Execution (Max. 500 words) 30%
How was your strategy implemented and brought to life? Describe the experience through the eyes of the target audience. What other important factors were meaningful to the success of the initiative? What was unique? What was wild and new? What technology (if any) was leveraged?
Results (Max. 450 words) 20%
How did the event / initiative / campaign perform? Give clear evidence / metrics demonstrating its performance. Provide a case study for why it solved the marketing problem you faced and a clear rationale as to why you believe this qualified for a Marketing Events Award.
Talent Categories (For category 27,28,40 & 41)
Please write a maximum 2,000 words (total) including evidence to support and address each of the specific category criteria bullet points outlined in the ‘categories & criteria’ section of the Entry Guidelines. Please ensure all areas mentioned are covered within your submission as the jury will be looking for these details. Each bullet point will hold a maximum potential value of 10 points.
The eligibility period of work submitted is from Jan 2019 to June 2020. Entries should reflect results achieved during this period. Kindly note that entries that were submitted for Marketing Events Awards 2019 are not eligible for re-entry.
- Categories are open to marketers and their respective agencies, suppliers, and manufacturers involved in the event. Agencies and vendors may submit entries on behalf of their clients.
- Media owners and / or agencies who submit entries on behalf of their clients will only be credited if they were involved in at least 80% of the work in planning and executing an event marketing campaign with clients.
- Entries are sought from Southeast Asia, South Asia and ANZ regions. Countries in the eligible regions include the following: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Entrants must have an office in the eligible region and work must have been carried out for a local and / or global market that includes at least one of the eligible countries.
- Entrants may submit entries across multiple categories but should outline how each fit the specific category at hand. There is no limit to the number of entries an entrant may submit.
Fees & Payment
Standard rate: SGD 339 per entry
Price is exclusive of Government Service Tax (GST).
GST is only applicable to entries from Singapore-based companies.
Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX). All entries are non-refundable.
Terms & Conditions
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entries will not be considered for judging if payment has not been received when judging commences.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Without prior notice, Marketing magazine reserves the right to merge categories or dissolve any categories should it be deemed necessary. Should a category or categories be dissolved, entries in that category / categories will not be refunded.
- Should your entry be shortlisted, your entry details found on the online registration site will be reflected on the website, trophy (presented on the awards night, should you win) and / or any other awards-related materials.
- Please note that after the submission deadline, all details on the entry submission form, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and cannot be changed and / or transferred to another party. Any changes made after submission will be charged 10% of the entry fee per change.
- Finalists need to be present, or appoint a representative to be present, at the awards gala dinner in order to receive their trophy(ies) in case they win.
- Please refer to the full terms & conditions in the Entry Guidelines.
- The entrant agrees that Marketing magazine or Lighthouse Independent Media Pte Ltd will not accept responsibility for errors or omissions reproduced in the presentation of Marketing magazine or for work lost or corrupted under any circumstances.
- Any confidential information should be written in red font or highlighted in red. Any text in red font or highlighted in will not be disseminated beyond the judging panel in any way.
- The entrant, otherwise, grants Marketing magazine permission to show material from the entries at the awards presentation, in the magazine and at such times as deemed appropriate.
Be the first to know what's coming up! Sign Up for our newsletter to get the latest news and events related to MARKETING magazine.