1. How to Enter?
Submitting your entries for the Spark Awards is simple and completely online. The extended entry submission deadline is 21 July 2023 (Fri) at 6pm.
To ensure that your entries are submitted successfully and are given the attention they deserve, here are a few items to take note of when preparing your entries.
- Firstly, download and read the Entry Guidelines. This will guide you through the submission process. Follow the instructions and specific category requirements to ensure your entries are submitted successfully.
- Please download and use the Core Submission Template provided to prepare your Entry Submission Document without altering/deleting the words in header, 30% of marks will be deducted otherwise.
- All entries, supporting documents, and required items can be submitted via the “I’m Ready to Enter” link at the bottom of this page.
- Entrants are strongly encouraged to gather all entry materials like photos, videos and charts before starting the entry process.
- Please ensure that all details you enter into the Entry Details are CONSISTENT with the details on the Core Submission Document you upload.
- Upon submission deadline, all entry details, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and CANNOT be changed and / or transferred to another party.
- Please include an event photo or image that represents your entry in your submission that can be used on all marketing material, on the screen on the night of the awards, and in the magazine etc.
Once you’re ready to go, all entries can be submitted via the below “I’m Ready to Enter” link.
2. Submission Deadline
Friday 21 July 2023, 6:00pm.
3. Judging Criteria
Your entry will be evaluated on the following four key areas (please read the Entry Guidelines for full descriptions):
For Media Campaign categories:
- Challenge (10%)
Describe the market challenges you were operating in, for example, competitive landscape, and how you overcame those challenges. Any key statistics which help
illustrate the scale of the challenge.
- Strategy (30%)
Description of the campaign/work/project. The core insight or idea the work was built on and an outline of your creative and media strategy. How were these
developed to be both distinctive and powerful.
- Execution (30%)
An overview of how your media thinking was implemented. The different tactics/elements used within the campaign/project and their respective roles.
- Results (30%)
What was the outcome? How did it deliver to your challenge? Supply any clear evidence/metrics demonstrating the performance.
For Media Owner categories:
- Company Profile & Leadership (20%)
A brief introduction of your media, including the market you are in, key roles and responsibilities of your people and leaders, years of experience, etc.
Describe how you have succeeded in managing your teams, including development, retention, and key talent hires.
Demonstrate how effective the leaders lead the company in terms of operations, business growth, and reputation.
- Product (30%)
Detail your products/works developed over the awards period. Outline the strategic thinking of the works. Explained the creative ideas and innovation behind your works. How they stand out from others in the industry and what makes them significant and unique.
The information judges will be examining for is key products/works and selected case studies.
- Performance (30%)
Outline the performance of your media over the awards period and how your media went above and beyond expectations and deserves recognition for the achievements. Consider the measurable metrics/statistics on the success of your strategies in relation to the initial objectives / KPI which are relevant to the category you are entering.
- Perspective (20%)
Explain how you’ve communicated your company’s perspectives and points of view including industry contribution and thought-leadership. Demonstrate your most important achievements within the judging periods. You might want to include: industry contribution and thought leadership; any articles and research published in the eligible period; any presentations by senior representatives from your organisation in the eligible period; awards won and/or testimonials in the eligible period.
- All categories are only open to media owners based in Hong Kong.
- All works, campaigns or initiatives must have been conceptualised, created and carried out in Hong Kong market or for a regional and/or global market that includes Hong Kong.
- Work can be created and delivered for a wider regional market but the audience must still include Hong Kong and the featured results should outline the specific achievements from the Hong Kong campaign(s).
- All works, campaigns or initiatives must have been launched or active between the eligibility period of 1 May 2022 – 30 April 2023 with demonstrable results achieved during this period.
- Entrants may submit the same works/campaigns/initiatives into multiple categories or different works/campaigns/initiatives into one category. There is no limit to the number of entries an entrant may submit. However, when submitting multiple entries, entrants must tailor their individual submissions accordingly and outline how they suit the specific category at hand.
5. Fees and payment
HK$1,780 per entry
Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX).
Cheques and bank transfers welcome for any amounts over HK$10,000.
* All entry fees are non-refundable. Trophy is not included in the entry fees.
6. Terms & Conditions
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entries will not be considered for judging if payment is not received within five working days upon being invoiced, if invoice is required before payment.
- By submitting the entry, the entrants guarantee that all the works/information submitted are TRUE and ACCURATE. MARKETING-INTERACTIVE reserves the right to verify any information submitted in the entry.
- Upon submission deadline, all details on the entry submission form, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and CANNOT be changed and/or transferred to another party. Should your entry be shortlisted, details will be presented based on your submissions on the website, prize announcements as well as on trophies and/or any other awards-related materials. Any changes made after submission will be charged 10% of the submission fee.
- Also, please ensure that all details are submitted in ENGLISH only.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Without prior notice, MARKETING-INTERACTIVE reserves the right to merge categories or dissolve any categories should it be deemed necessary. Should a category or categories be dissolved, entries in that category/categories will be notified.
- Please refer to the full terms & conditions in the Entry Guidelines.
- The entrant agrees that MARKETING-INTERACTIVE or Lighthouse Independent Media will not accept responsibility for errors or omissions reproduced in the presentation of the Spark Awards, in MARKETING-INTERACTIVE, or for work lost or corrupted under any circumstances.
- Any information or content intended for judging purposes only and NOT for republishing must be clearly indicated in red font or highlighted in red Such information and content will not be shared in any way and privy for judging panel who will also maintain strict confidentiality.
- The entrant otherwise grants MARKETING-INTERACTIVE permission to show material from the entries at the awards presentation, in the magazine and at such times as deemed appropriate.
- The decisions of MARKETING-INTERACTIVE in all matters relating to the Spark Awards shall be final and binding.