1. How to Enter?
Submitting your entries for the Agency of the Year Awards is simple and completely online. The extended entry submission deadline is 23 March 2022 (Wed) at 6pm.
To ensure that your entries are submitted successfully and are given the attention they deserve, here are a few items to take note of when preparing your entries.
- Firstly, download and read the Entry Guidelines. This will guide you through the submission process. Follow the instructions and specific category requirements to ensure your entries are submitted successfully.
- Please download and use the Core Submission Template provided to prepare your Entry Submission Document without altering/deleting the words from the slides, 30% of marks will be deducted otherwise.
- All entries, supporting documents, and required items can be submitted via the “I’m Ready to Enter” link at the bottom of this page.
- Entrants are strongly encouraged to gather all entry materials like photos, videos and charts before starting the entry process.
- Please ensure that all details you enter into the Entry Details are CONSISTENT with the details on the Core Submission Document you upload.
- Upon submission deadline, all entry details, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and CANNOT be changed and / or transferred to another party.
- Please include an event photo or image that represents your entry in your submission that can be used on all marketing material, on the screen on the night of the awards, and in the magazine etc.
Once you’re ready to go, all entries can be submitted via the below “I’m Ready to Enter” link.
* We encourage you to read the Top 10 Tips for entering to help you craft a successful submission.
2. Submission Deadline
Wednesday 23 March 2022, 6:00pm.
3. Judging Criteria
- PERFORMANCE – 25%
Outline the performance of your company over the awards period. Consider the measurable
metrics/statistics on the success of your business strategies in relation to the initial business objectives.
- PRODUCT –25%
Detail how you have developed your product and service offering over the awards period. How they stand out from others in the industry?
- PEOPLE –25%
Describe how you have succeeded in managing your teams, including development, retention and key talent hires.
- PERSPECTIVES –25%
Explain how you’ve communicated your company’s perspectives and points of view including industry contribution and thought-leadership.
For Best Agency Culture category only:
- OFFICE CULTURE AND WORKPLACE DESIGN – 25%
Describe how your company integrates workplace design and office culture together to maintain a positive and healthy work environment.
- INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS – 25%
Elaborate on the effective internal communications that your company uses and how the communications help in improving collaboration, productivity and staff/business performance, as well as boosting morale.
- INCENTIVES, TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES – 25%
Describe the strategic execution of incentives, training and development initiatives of your company. What makes them significant and unique?
- VISION – 25%
Describe the strength of your agency culture and illustrate how a winning workplace culture becomes the key to a high-performing agency.
For Agency Leader of the Year category only:
- PERSONAL PROFILE– 20%
Outline of the individual’s profile. Describe the key roles, responsibilities, and years of experience of the individuals.
- LEADERSHIP – 30%
Elaborate your leadership and motivation at the agency. Illustrate how do you lead the agency with the people development and performance under your watch.
- EFFECTIVENESS – 30%
Describe the strategy and implementation you operate the agency. Demonstrate how effective you lead the agency in terms of operations, business growth, and reputation.
- ACHIEVEMENTS – 20%
Demonstrate your most important achievements within the judging periods. Showcase the client retention under your watch and the commercial results against objectives.
For Agency Team of the Year category only:
- TEAM PROFILE – 10%
Outline of the team’s profile. Describe the key roles and responsibilities and years of experience.
- WORK – 30%
Elaborate how you have developed clients’ campaigns over the eligibility period. Outline the strategic thinking of the works. Explained the creative ideas and innovation behind the clients’ campaigns.
- EXECUTION – 30%
Elaborate how you have excellent executed clients’ campaigns over the eligibility period. Describe how did you implement the core strategy to clients’ campaigns. What makes this significant and unique?
- PERFORMANCE – 30%
Outline how the team went above and beyond expectations and deserves recognition for their achievements. Showcased the successful results against objectives / KPIs.
- All categories are only open to any agencies based in Hong Kong or the Hong Kong office of a global corporation.
- A Local agency that has been established in Hong Kong and continues to operate in Hong Kong will automatically be entered for the “Local Hero” in each category.
- All work must have been conceptualised and carried out in Hong Kong for the Hong Kong market. Work can be created and delivered for a wider regional market but the audience must still include Hong Kong and the featured results should outline the specific achievements from the Hong Kong campaign(s).
- All campaigns/ programmes/ initiatives showcased by agencies must have been launched or active between the eligibility period of 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2021 with demonstrable results achieved during this period.
- Entrants may enter multiple, relevant categories. There is no limit to the number of entries an agency may submit. However, when submitting multiple entries, entrants must tailor their individual submissions accordingly and outline how they suit the specific category at hand.
* Please be reminded that any sensitive or confidential information from your clients’ side must be approved by the clients for judging.
5. Fees and Payment
HK$1,680 per entry
Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX).
Cheques and bank transfers welcome for any amounts over HK$10,000.
* All entry fees are non-refundable. Trophy is not included in the entry fees.
6. Terms & Conditions
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entries will not be considered for judging if payment is not received within five working days upon being invoiced, if invoice is required before payment.
- By submitting the entry, the entrants guarantee that all the works/information submitted are TRUE and ACCURATE. MARKETING-INTERACTIVE reserves the right to verify any information submitted in the entry.
- Upon submission deadline, all details on the entry submission form, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and CANNOT be changed and/or transferred to another party. Details will be presented based on your submissions on the prize announcements as well as on trophies and/or any other awards-related materials. Any changes made after submission will be charged 10% of the submission fee.
- Also, please ensure that all details are submitted in ENGLISH only.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Without prior notice, MARKETING-INTERACTIVE reserves the right to merge categories or dissolve any categories should it be deemed necessary. Should a category or categories be dissolved, entries in that category/categories will be notified.
- Finalists need to be present or appoint a representative to be present at the awards presentation in order to receive their trophy(ies) in case they win.
- Please refer to the full terms & conditions in the Entry Guidelines.
- The entrant agrees that MARKETING-INTERACTIVE or Lighthouse Independent Media will not accept responsibility for errors or omissions reproduced in the presentation of the Agency of the Year Awards, in MARKETING-INTERACTIVE, or for work lost or corrupted under any circumstances.
- Any information or content intended for judging purposes only and NOT for republishing must be clearly indicated in red font or highlighted in red. Such information and content will not be shared in any way and privy for judging panel who will also maintain strict confidentiality.
- The entrant otherwise grants MARKETING-INTERACTIVE permission to show material from the entries at the awards presentation, in the magazine and at such times as deemed appropriate.
- The decisions of MARKETING-INTERACTIVE in all matters relating to the Agency of the Year Awards shall be final and binding.