How to Enter?
Submitting your entries for the Marketing Excellence Awards is simple and completely online. The entry submission deadline (extended) is 31 August 2022 (Wed) at 6pm.
To ensure that your entries are submitted successfully and are given the attention they deserve, here are a few items to take note of when preparing your entries.
- Firstly, download and read the Entry Guidelines. This will guide you through the submission process. Follow the instructions and specific category requirements to ensure your entries are submitted successfully.
- Please download and use the Core Submission Template provided to prepare your Entry Submission Document without altering/deleting the words in header, 30% of marks will be deducted otherwise.
- All entries, supporting documents, and required items can be submitted via the “I’m Ready to Enter” link at the bottom of this page.
- Entrants are strongly encouraged to gather all entry materials like photos, videos and charts before starting the entry process.
- Please ensure that all details you enter into the Entry Details are CONSISTENT with the details on the Core Submission Document you upload.
- Upon submission deadline, all entry details, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and CANNOT be changed and / or transferred to another party.
- Please include an event photo or image that represents your entry in your submission that can be used on all marketing material, on the screen on the night of the awards, and in the magazine etc.
Once you’re ready to go, all entries can be submitted via the below “I’m Ready to Enter” link.
Submission Deadline (Extended)
Wednesday 31 August 2022, 6:00pm.
Your entry will be evaluated on the following four key areas (please read the Entry Guidelines for full descriptions):
CHALLENGE – 20%
- The market situation the brand was operating in.
- A clear description of the business/brand consumer challenge that your marketing initiative/ project/work was asked to address.
- Any key statistics which help illustrate the scale of this challenge in detail.
STRATEGY – 30%
- An introduction of the campaign/project/work.
- A clear rationale of launching the campaign/project/work to address the marketing challenge.
- The core insight the campaign/project/work was built on.
- An outline of your creative thinking and media strategy.
- A description on its distinctiveness and effectiveness.
EXECUTION – 30%
- An overview of how your creative thinking and media strategy were implemented.
- The different tactics/elements used within the campaign/project/work.
- The role of these tactics/elements.
RESULTS – 20%
- Clear evidence/metrics demonstrating the performance of the campaign/project/work work along with quantifying the results.
- A description of how it solved the marketing challenge you faced.
- A clear rationale as to why you believe this qualifies for a Marketing Excellence Award.
- All categories are open to any client organisations and brands based in Hong Kong; however marketing agencies, media agencies, PR firms and service providers can submit the entries on behalf of their client.
- All works, campaigns or initiatives must have been conceptualised, created or carried out in Hong Kong for the Hong Kong market, or for a regional and/or global market that included the Hong Kong market.
- All works, campaigns or initiatives must have been launched or active between the eligibility period of 1 August 2021 – 31 July 2022 with demonstrable results achieved during this period.
* Please note that work submitted for last year’s awards cannot be resubmitted for this year’s event.
- Entrants may submit the same work/campaign/initiative into multiple categories or different works/campaigns/initiatives into one category. There is no limit to the number of entries an entrant may submit. However, when submitting multiple entries, entrants must tailor their individual submissions accordingly and outline how they suit the specific category at hand.
Fees and Payment
HK$1,900 per entry
Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX).
Cheques and bank transfers welcome for any amounts over HK$10,000.
* All entry fees are non-refundable. Trophy is not included in the entry fees.
Terms & Conditions
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entries will not be considered for judging if payment is not received within five working days upon being invoiced, if invoice is required before payment.
- By submitting the entry, the entrants guarantee that all the works/information submitted are TRUE and ACCURATE. MARKETING-INTERACTIVE reserves the right to verify any information submitted in the entry.
- Upon submission deadline, all details on the entry submission form, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and CANNOT be changed and/or transferred to another party. Should your entry be shortlisted, details will be presented based on your submissions on the website, prize announcements as well as on trophies (should you win) and/or any other awards-related materials. Any changes made after submission will be charged 10% of the submission fee.
- Also, please ensure that all details are submitted in ENGLISH only.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Without prior notice, MARKETING-INTERACTIVE reserves the right to merge categories or dissolve any categories should it be deemed necessary. Should a category or categories be dissolved, entries in that category/categories will be notified.
- Finalists need to be present or appoint a representative to be present at the awards presentation in order to receive their trophy(ies) in case they win.
- Please refer to the full terms & conditions in the Entry Guidelines.
- The entrant agrees that MARKETING-INTERACTIVE or Lighthouse Independent Media will not accept responsibility for errors or omissions reproduced in the presentation of the Marketing Excellence Awards, on any of MARKETING-INTERACTIVE’s platforms, or for work lost or corrupted under any circumstances.
- Any information or content intended for judging purposes only and NOT for republishing must be clearly indicated in red font or highlighted in red. Such information and content will not be shared in any way and privy for judging panel who will also maintain strict confidentiality.
- The entrant otherwise grants MARKETING-INTERACTIVE permission to show material from the entries at the awards presentation, in the magazine and at such times as deemed appropriate.
- The decisions of MARKETING-INTERACTIVE in all matters relating to the Marketing Excellence Awards shall be final and binding.